Milwaukee 2450-22 Review
Milwaukee 2450-22 Strengths & Weaknesses:
| ||83 B||C||B||A||C||B||Price|
|Design Balance|| ||Acceptable - While this driver has one or more design features that received a C rating, it can still be a good choice if that area is not critical to your particular needs.|
|Power|| ||Below Average Power - Delivers up to 850 in-lbs of torque, about 13% less than the class average. Power can sometimes be traded for weight or cost.|
|Speed|| ||Below Average Speed - Generates up to 2000 RPM, about 19% slower than the average impact driver. The Milwaukee 2450-22 ranks in the bottom 18% of its class for speed.|
|Weight||√||Light-Weight - Weighs only 2.3 lbs, about 20% lighter than the average impact driver. Ranks in the top 37% of its class for being light-weight.|
|Battery|| ||Below Average Run-Time - Battery endurance is adequate for many work applications, but is 15% less than the class average. Uses Li-ion batteries with a charge rating of 1.5 Ah.|
|Impact||√||High Impact Rate - Delivers up to 3000 IPM of blows, about 2% higher than the average impact driver. Ranks in the top 44% of its class for impact rate.|
|User Reviews||√||Highly Satisfied Users - Rated 4.2 of 5 stars by 44 users. Most owners are very satisfied with the performance and value of this impact driver and would recommend it to others.|
|Power Ratio||√||High Power-to-Weight - Ranks in the top 34% of its class for power-to-weight ratio, about 6% higher than average. Higher power-to-weight indicates an efficient design.|
|Gearbox|| ||Nylon Gears - Transmission includes at least some nylon gears that may need replacing after years of extended use. A nylon gearbox helps reduce driver weight.|
|Motor Brushes|| ||No External Access - The motor brushes can only be accessed internally by taking the driver apart. While not a common problem, external access makes the replacement job much easier.|
|Warranty||√||Longer Warranty - Backed by Milwaukee's limited 5-year warranty. This provides extra protection against potential design defects or premature part failure.|
|Charger||√||Quick Charge - The Milwaukee 2450-22 includes a battery charger that will recharge a battery in only 30 minutes. Long charge times are a common complaint with some drivers.|
|Belt Hook|| ||No Belt Hook - Does not include this convenient feature that frees-up both your hands to perform other tasks in-between driving.|
|Work Light||√||Work Light - Contains an integrated LED work light that illuminates your work area and allows you to clearly see your driving position and progress.|
|Fuel Gauge||√||Fuel Gauge - Equipped with an on-board battery charge indicator that keeps you aware of your remaining battery life. No more dead driver surprises during the middle of a job.|
Milwaukee 2450-22 User Reviews Highlights
Milwaukee 2450-22 Specifications & Features:
- Overall this is a great product that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a reasonably priced impact driver for regular home use.
- I get 5-6 hours out of a battery with regular use sometimes go all day without changing batteries.
- Definitely feels like a quality tool. Excellent Impact Driver!
- I'm an electrician and use this tool for tek screws, sheetrock screws, devicing and some small lags.
- It does not have enough power when compared to the Dewalt 12v dcf series or even the Matco Infinium 10.8V.
- This is one of my most used tools and I'm very happy with my purchase.
- I would certainly recommend this item to anyone needing an impact driver in this category of tools.
- This is my first Milwaukee tool (I own mostly Dewalt) and my first impression is awesome.
- Other 12v impact drivers have higher RPMs, advertise more torque, are more compact, have a better work light, but none combines all of those things like this tool.
- I think this is a great tool & I would recommend it.
- This M12 "light" impact driver is good for its compact size, moderate power and light weight.
|Size & Weight|| |
|Max Torque:||850 in-lbs|
|Max Power:|| |
|Impact Rate:||0-3000 BPM|
|No-Load Speed:||0-2000 RPM|
|Motor, Gearbox, & Clutch|| |
|External Motor Brush Access:||No|
|Battery & Charger|| |
|Batteries Included:||2 x Compact|
|Charge Rating:||1.5 Ah|
|Charging Time:||30 min|
|Additional Features|| |
|Warranty:||5 Year Limited|
Go to Cordless Drill Reviews from Milwaukee 2450-22 Review
Go to Best Impact Driver from 2450-22 Review