Hitachi WH12DMR Review
Hitachi WH12DMR Strengths & Weaknesses:
| ||90 A||A||A||C||B||B||Price|
|Design Balance|| ||Acceptable - While this driver has one or more design features that received a C rating, it can still be a good choice if that area is not critical to your particular needs.|
|Power||√||Powerful - Generates 1150 in-lbs of maximum torque, about 18% higher than the average impact driver. Ranks in the top 13% of its class for power.|
|Speed||√||Fast - Runs at speeds up to 2600 RPM, about 5% faster than the average driver in its class. The Hitachi WH12DMR ranks in the top 25% of all impact drivers for speed.|
|Weight|| ||Heavier Than Average - Weighs 3.5 lbs, about 21% heavier than the class average. Heavier drivers are often more durable, but you should consider operator fatgue.|
|Battery||√||Long Run-Time - NiCd batteries are rated at 2 Ah and provide 14% longer than average run-time. Ranks in the top 19% of its class for battery runtime.|
|Impact||√||High Impact Rate - Delivers up to 3200 IPM of blows, about 9% higher than the average impact driver. Ranks in the top 7% of its class for impact rate.|
|User Reviews||√||Highly Satisfied Users - Rated 5 of 5 stars by 11 users. Most owners are very satisfied with the performance and value of this impact driver and would recommend it to others.|
|Power Ratio|| ||Below Average Power Ratio - Power-to-Weight ratio is 6% below average and ranks in the bottom 33% of its class. P/W is a good indicator of driver efficiency.|
|Gearbox|| ||Nylon Gears - Transmission includes at least some nylon gears that may need replacing after years of extended use. A nylon gearbox helps reduce driver weight.|
|Motor Brushes||√||External Brush Access - Motor brushes burn-out periodically and being able to access them externally makes it much more convenient to replace the brushes.|
|Warranty||√||Longer Warranty - Backed by Hitachi's limited 5-year warranty. This provides extra protection against potential design defects or premature part failure.|
|Charger|| ||Standard Charge Time - The Hitachi WH12DMR battery charger takes 45 minutes to recharge a battery. Longer charge times are not a big issue if you always have a battery back-up.|
|Belt Hook||√||Belt Hook - Handy feature that allows you to temporarily hang the driver from your belt or a ladder while you're performing other tasks.|
|Work Light||√||Work Light - Contains an integrated LED work light that illuminates your work area and allows you to clearly see your driving position and progress.|
|Fuel Gauge|| ||No Fuel Gauge - Does not come equipped with a handy battery charge indicator that allows you to glance at your driver and check the battery life while you're working.|
Hitachi WH12DMR User Reviews Highlights
Hitachi WH12DMR Specifications & Features:
- This drill is easy to use and powerful. Wish they would make it in a lithium-ion battery model.
- A very good lightweight driver for lighweight jobs. Extremely powerful for its size. Good battery.
- I've bought 3 of the Hitachi 12 volt Impact drivers and they are great!
- At slower speeds the unit will tighten precisely one click at a time, giving you perfect control over setting screw depth/torque.
- I just can't say enough about this tool. Its the only thing I have found that does a nice job on tapcons into concrete, and does it without twisting your wrist off, try that with your 18 volt dewalt.
- This is a great tool. It is compact, well balanced, powerful and long lasting.
- It easily drives the 3-1/2" #9 trim head jamb extension screws that are needed for Anderson 400 series windows in 2x6 walls.
- Bought this for a friend and he is extremely happy with the product.
- I've owned this little driver for a few months now and I reach for it every time i need to drive drywall screws to quarter inch lag bolts.
- I am completely satisfied with this tool. I have let other guys on the job use it and have gotten nothing but praise.
- We took a phillips driver and drove a 6" wood screw into a couple two by fours and it literally sent the thing through it with out hardly having to use any pressure.
|Size & Weight|| |
|Max Torque:||1150 in-lbs|
|Max Power:|| |
|Impact Rate:||0-3200 BPM|
|No-Load Speed:||0-2600 RPM|
|Motor, Gearbox, & Clutch|| |
|External Motor Brush Access:||Yes|
|Battery & Charger|| |
|Charge Rating:||2 Ah|
|Charging Time:||45 min|
|Additional Features|| |
|Warranty:||5 Year Limited|
Go to Cordless Drill Reviews from Hitachi WH12DMR Review
Go to Best Impact Driver from WH12DMR Review