DeWalt DCF815S2 Review
DeWalt DCF815S2 Strengths & Weaknesses:
| ||87 B||B||A||A||B||C||Price|
|Design Balance|| ||Acceptable - While this driver has one or more design features that received a C rating, it can still be a good choice if that area is not critical to your particular needs.|
|Power|| ||Below Average Power - Delivers up to 950 in-lbs of torque, about 3% less than the class average. Power can sometimes be traded for weight or cost.|
|Speed|| ||Below Average Speed - Generates up to 2450 RPM, about 1% slower than the average impact driver. The DeWalt DCF815S2 ranks in the bottom 30% of its class for speed.|
|Weight||√||Light-Weight - Weighs only 2.3 lbs, about 20% lighter than the average impact driver. Ranks in the top 30% of its class for being light-weight.|
|Battery|| ||Below Average Run-Time - Battery endurance is adequate for many work applications, but is 26% less than the class average. Uses Li-ion batteries with a charge rating of 1.3 Ah.|
|Impact||√||High Impact Rate - Delivers up to 3400 IPM of blows, about 15% higher than the average impact driver. Ranks in the top 1% of its class for impact rate.|
|User Reviews||√||Highly Satisfied Users - Rated 4.8 of 5 stars by 28 users. Most owners are very satisfied with the performance and value of this impact driver and would recommend it to others.|
|Power Ratio||√||High Power-to-Weight - Ranks in the top 9% of its class for power-to-weight ratio, about 18% higher than average. Higher power-to-weight indicates an efficient design.|
|Gearbox|| ||Nylon Gears - Transmission includes at least some nylon gears that may need replacing after years of extended use. A nylon gearbox helps reduce driver weight.|
|Motor Brushes|| ||No External Access - The motor brushes can only be accessed internally by taking the driver apart. While not a common problem, external access makes the replacement job much easier.|
|Warranty||√||Longer Warranty - Backed by DeWalt's limited 3-year warranty. This provides extra protection against potential design defects or premature part failure.|
|Charger|| ||Standard Charge Time - The DeWalt DCF815S2 battery charger takes 40 minutes to recharge a battery. Longer charge times are not a big issue if you always have a battery back-up.|
|Belt Hook||√||Belt Hook - Handy feature that allows you to temporarily hang the driver from your belt or a ladder while you're performing other tasks.|
|Work Light||√||Work Light - Contains an integrated LED work light that illuminates your work area and allows you to clearly see your driving position and progress.|
|Fuel Gauge|| ||No Fuel Gauge - Does not come equipped with a handy battery charge indicator that allows you to glance at your driver and check the battery life while you're working.|
DeWalt DCF815S2 User Reviews Highlights
DeWalt DCF815S2 Specifications & Features:
- I work in a heavy equipment garage, and this thing ripped through bolts underneath the truck I was working on.
- This is an exceptionally well made tool. The build quality is excellent;
- It has good torque, is small and compact, and fits the hand comfortably.
- This tool is lightweight, and powerful. Its chuck release is easy and efficient. This is great tool for a multitude of applications.
- It has a very strong battery and lasts a long time. This is very convenient and durable.
- I don't think you can do any better for a homeowner. This impact is powerful, long lasting, and solid.
- Great size, good tightening torque, but will only remove 40ft-lb tightned bolts.
- Three little LED lights make it easy to see what you are doing, especially in dark corners or working inside cabinets.
- It is a nice size as it it fits into smaller areas but has plenty of power. It has a nice feel to the grip also.
- This is a very handy tool to have around the house. It is very small and lightweight but has enough power to get jobs done.
- The largest bolt I can break loose with it is 1/4"(7/16 hex),or 5/16(1/2 hex),if it's not rusty.This is about what I expected from a impact this size.
|Size & Weight|| |
|Max Torque:||950 in-lbs|
|Max Power:|| |
|Impact Rate:||0-3400 BPM|
|No-Load Speed:||0-2450 RPM|
|Motor, Gearbox, & Clutch|| |
|Voltage:||12V Max volts|
|External Motor Brush Access:||No|
|Battery & Charger|| |
|Charge Rating:||1.3 Ah|
|Charging Time:||40 min|
|Additional Features|| |
|Warranty:||3 Year Limited|
Go to Cordless Drill Reviews from DeWalt DCF815S2 Review
Go to Best Impact Driver from DCF815S2 Review