Bosch PS40-2A Review
Bosch PS40-2A Strengths & Weaknesses:
| ||81 B||C||B||A||C||C||Price|
|Design|| ||Acceptable Design - While this driver has one or more design features that received a C rating, it can still be a good choice if that area is not critical to your particular needs.|
|Power|| ||Below Average Power - Delivers up to 800 in-lbs of torque, about 18% less than the class average. Power can sometimes be traded for weight or cost.|
|Speed|| ||Below Average Speed - Generates up to 1800 RPM, about 27% slower than the average impact driver. The Bosch PS40-2A ranks in the bottom 1% of its class for speed.|
|Weight||√||Light-Weight - Weighs only 2.2 lbs, about 24% lighter than the average impact driver. Ranks in the top 16% of its class for being light-weight.|
|Battery|| ||Below Average Run-Time - Battery endurance is adequate for many work applications, but is 26% less than the class average. Uses Li-ion batteries with a charge rating of 1.3 Ah.|
|Impact||√||High Impact Rate - Delivers up to 3000 IPM of blows, about 2% higher than the average impact driver. Ranks in the top 41% of its class for impact rate.|
|User Reviews||√||Highly Satisfied Users - Rated 4.7 of 5 stars by 29 users. Most owners are very satisfied with the performance and value of this impact driver and would recommend it to others.|
|Power Ratio||√||High Power-to-Weight - Ranks in the top 50% of its class for power-to-weight ratio, about 4% higher than average. Higher power-to-weight indicates an efficient design.|
|Gearbox||√||All-Metal Gearbox - Transmission gears spin at high RPMs and are susceptible to material break-down. An all-metal gear-box provides superior ruggedness and durability.|
|Motor Brushes|| ||No External Access - The motor brushes can only be accessed internally by taking the driver apart. While not a common problem, external access makes the replacement job much easier.|
|Warranty||√||Longer Warranty - Backed by Bosch's limited 3-year warranty. This provides extra protection against potential design defects or premature part failure.|
|Charger||√||Quick Charge - The Bosch PS40-2A includes a battery charger that will recharge a battery in only 30 minutes. Long charge times are a common complaint with some drivers.|
|Belt Hook|| ||No Belt Hook - Does not include this convenient feature that frees-up both your hands to perform other tasks in-between driving.|
|Work Light||√||Work Light - Contains an integrated LED work light that illuminates your work area and allows you to clearly see your driving position and progress.|
|Fuel Gauge|| ||No Fuel Gauge - Does not come equipped with a handy battery charge indicator that allows you to glance at your driver and check the battery life while you're working.|
Bosch PS40-2A User Reviews Highlights
Bosch PS40-2A Specifications & Features:
- The PS40 simply needs a battery swap after about 30 lags - which brings me to my 4 star rating (instead of FIVE).
- Mostly I use this for around the house and garage and light to medium building of things. And for that it's perfect.
- Very powerful Impact Drill, gets the job done very quickly!
- Works well at slow speeds (reducing stripping of screw heads), has good power for driving, and the light is perfect for my middle-aged eyes!
- It's an awesome tool to use for working on vehicles/engines. Buy this impact driver a 1/4 socket adapter, a 1/4 universal joint, a 2 inch socket extension and a 6 inch socket extension.
- I have already used it a few times and it sunk a few long tapcons into some cinder blocks without losing charge. I recommend!
- Over all, this is a very solid little beastie that has done some impressively impactful driving.
- I've used this to run a variety of screws, 1 inch to 3 inch, into studs and 2X4s and PTL. It has driven them all without a hitch.
- Comfortable to use, the 12-volt lithium system performs extremely well and I usually opt for it over my DeWalt 18-volt monster which is quite heavy.
- It has surprising power and what I like the best is its compact size.
- Great impact driver drill, lots of power, light weight & compact, comes with everything you need to get the job done with great results!
|Size & Weight|| |
|Max Torque:||800 in-lbs|
|Max Power:|| |
|Impact Rate:||0-3000 BPM|
|No-Load Speed:||0-1800 RPM|
|Motor, Gearbox, & Clutch|| |
|Voltage:||12V Max volts|
|External Motor Brush Access:||No|
|Battery & Charger|| |
|Batteries Included:||2 x 12V Max|
|Charge Rating:||1.3 Ah|
|Charging Time:||30 min|
|Additional Features|| |
|Warranty:||3 Year Limited|
Go to Cordless Drill Reviews from Bosch PS40-2A Review
Go to Best Impact Driver from PS40-2A Review